Provides support as a member of the Specialty team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Specialty floor and displays, and selling product in support of the regional Specialty vision. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
* Surprises and delights customers with consistent and delicious food.
* Engages in positive and proactive selling.
* Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well-stocked.
* Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
* Monitors spoilage and supply waste to minimize impact on department expenses.
* Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean and appealing.
* Maintains back stock in good order.
* Accesses information about market conditions and communicates to customers.
* Ensures temperature, sanitation and sweep logs are completed.Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
* Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
* Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
* Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
* Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
* Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership. Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership
* Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department. * Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
* Ability to sell proactively.
* Working understanding of Specialty department and team and WFM quality goals.
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
* Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals
* No prior retail experience required
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
* Where applicable, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures by Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.