- $113,740.00 -127,920.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
21 Warren St
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $213 billion in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets.1 Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM's capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.
Voya IM's award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals - from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.
Voya Investment Management is seeking a Research Analyst to join the Fundamental Equity investment team covering Consumer Discretionary and Staples Sectors. The Analyst will be responsible for security selection within the Consumer Discretionary and Consumer Staples sectors in mid and large sized companies for Value and Core strategies. The analyst will research new ideas and conduct maintenance research on current holdings via data collection and financial analysis. The analyst will drive the process of stock selection within the Consumer Discretionary and Staples Sectors in conjunction with the portfolio managers.
The analyst must possess experience covering the domestic Consumer Discretionary AND Staples Sectors on a buy side platform.
The individual will develop and communicate investment recommendations based on comprehensive industry and company research through various sources of information, including review of public documents, annual reports, trade journals, networking with industry contacts as well as interviews with senior management. Conduct industry research to assess trends and identify potential changes in fundamentals as well as build, update and maintain financial and valuation models. The individual will be expected to effectively communicate, explain and defend buy and sell ideas to the Value/Core portfolio managers.
The Analyst's contribution will be determined by how much alpha his/her ideas have generated, and as a result, how much impact they've had on the overall portfolio.
* At least 5-10 years of fundamental equity research experience in buy-side platform is required, with a strong preference for long-only experience
* Deep knowledge of the domestic Consumer Discretionary and Consumer Staples sectors
* A demonstrable track record of success in stock selection
* Comfortable engaging with quantitative screening tool to help target research ideas
* Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate in a timely and investment-relevant manner
* Demonstrated understanding of financial statements and models
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
* BA/BS; MBA and/or CFA are a plus
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
* Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
* Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
* Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
* Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
* Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.
Associated topics: business, business analyst, capital, commercial, commission, credit, economics, estate, financial, financial analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...