We are currently seeking a Cloud and Deployment Engineer to join our team in Cary, NC. In this role, you will provide technical pre-sales and post-sales support to our clients utilizing extensive knowledge of industry processes. You will work closely with Product Management, R&D, testing and pre-sales systems engineers to aid in the effective deployment and utilization of JMP Live at an organization.
JMP Live is a web-based collaborative analytics platform for JMP, the premiere product for statistical discovery from SAS. We are using the most modern Web technologies to create a product with JMP's signature interactivity, reaching new customers on desktop and mobile platforms. Examples of our visualizations are found on the public and open version of JMP live at:
* Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
* Builds a trusted relationship with the sales teams and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
* Delivers technical architecture-related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture, security, sizing, deployment and infrastructure questions when necessary.
* Develops required client relationships in order to gain client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term JMP/client relationships.
* Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
* Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
* Plans and implements, in conjunction with the sales teams, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
* Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
* Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
* Strategizes with sales teams on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
* Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of JMP offerings.
* Assists with the training of staff.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
* 3 years of enterprise software experience working in the support, architecture or delivery space with data or analytics focus. Experience as part of a pre-sales team is a benefit.
* Experience with one or more major cloud environments such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud.
* Hardware knowledge of storage, network, CPU, and memory.
* Programming skills with one or more modern languages (scripted or compiled).
* Knowledge of Windows Server operating system.
* Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to travel up to 30% travel required.
* Cloud application deployment.
* Experience with on premise and web authentication.
* Knowledge of with client/server applications.
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, OpenStack, Docker or Kubernetes.
* Experience with performance measurement and load balancing.
* Familiarity with databases, particularly PostgreSQL.
* Experience using REST APIs.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business intelligence, consult, consultant, crm, information technology consultant, market, marketing, senior consultant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.