At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The Endpoint Engineering team is responsible for building, monitoring and deploying endpoint and security tooling for all workstations across Palantir. We find creative approaches to engineering the configurations of workstation environments to allow fellow Palantirians to be productive, mobile and secure while providing an excellent user experience.
Our team works closely with the Information Security, Network Engineering, and Technical Support & Operations teams. In addition, we are highly tuned to our customers, fellow Palantirians, ensuring we are providing a reliable and consistent experience.
The tools we build are stable, the scripts we deploy are high-performing, and the problems we tackle have immediate impact. We make data-driven decisions to ensure we're building the right things and verifying their effectiveness. We iterate quickly, adjust constantly, and push always.
We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, highly adaptive and enjoys contributing to a dynamic team environment. If you love solving difficult engineering problems, pushing the boundaries of industry standards, and are passionate about redefining endpoint systems engineering, we want you to join our team. We've been waiting for you.
* Build automation for proactively identifying and correcting workstation issues.
* Build base image configurations for workstations.
* Continuously improve user workstation experiences through OS and application optimizations, automation, and streamlined processes.
* Apply modern configuration management practices to endpoint management.
* Proactively monitor and measure workstations to detect trends and catch problems before users are impacted.
* Create documentation on system designs, procedures, and processes.
What We Value
* Proficient with scripting in any of the following (Powershell/Ruby/perl/python/bash).
* Extensive knowledge with workstation management tooling such as Jamf/Puppet or similar products.
* Proficient in modern configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, PowerShell DSC) and package managers (Munki, Chocolatey).
* Familiarity with information security such as device encryption, anti-virus tooling, digital certificates, security policies etc.
* Familiarity with networking fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, firewall, VPN, and PKI.
* Proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* 5+ years hands-on experience platform management (Mac, Linux, or combination thereof) at scale.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.