A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses \"Be Good At Life.\" To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
The Asset Management Associate will be based in New York City and will report directly to the East Region Head of Asset Management. This person will primarily support the asset managers on all analytic and strategic aspects of their business. This will include: quarterly valuations, lease analysis, hold /sell recommendations, property level budgets and business plans, work with third party vendors, capital and underwriting new acquisitions etc.
* Support the asset managers with analytic support including: lease analysis, hold/sell models, JV waterfall calculations, quarterly valuations etc. They will support the performance of due diligence, including gathering and maintaining market statistics and coordinating the work of external consultants and appraisers
* Support the asset managers on the timely completion and/or review of accurate property valuation analysis and underwriting of all types of property acquisitions, loans and joint venture development value add transaction opportunities
* Participate in property level conference calls with asset manager, third party property managers and leasing agents
* Assist in preparation and completion of Lease summary and required approval process
* This person will also help prepare investment committee memorandums
* Prepare and review property level financial investment valuation and performance models using Argus Enterprise and Excel based on information provided from various sources including acquisition officers, asset managers, outside brokers, appraisers and other service providers
* Maintain current real estate market data for areas under investment consideration, in addition to existing asset markets
* Develop external sources of data (brokers, appraisers, etc.) in target markets
* Assist asset managers with various valuation projects including quarterly and annual internal property valuations, hold/sell analysis, and lease analyses
* Attend networking, industry and market functions
* Train others in the use of Excel and Argus valuation software as necessary
* Limited travel requirements to East Coast markets
Experience and Qualifications
* 3+ years of investment analysis experience, preferably with an institutional investment company, brokerage company or related real estate firm.
* A fundamental understanding of the commercial real estate market and financing
* Experience working on varied transactions including interaction with principals, developers and brokers. Prior experience with joint venture transactions, including financial waterfall analysis, is a plus
* Strong hands-on knowledge and abilities in Excel and Argus
* Strong analytical skills, aptitude and experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and multi-task effectively
* Familiarity with multiple real estate markets and experience with performance calculation a plus
* Undergraduate degree is required. An MBA would be a strong plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) ###-####.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.