NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Area Sales Leader, Hospitality
LOCATIONS: Chicago IL preferred
Think you know NCR? Think again!
We are NCR, a global tech company?and we run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. We're the world leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With our software, hardware and portfolio of services, we make more than 700 million transactions possible every day. We are based in the greater Atlanta region and operate in 140 countries and employ over 30,000 employees around the world.
At NCR, we make the everyday easier. We do this by listening to our customers, keeping their best interests in mind, and always working to make interacting with your business an exceptional experience. We are world's largest provider of ATMs, Self-service Kiosks for retail, airlines and hospitality. Our software and services are powering these hardware platforms to drive greater value to our clients. By continually learning about?and pioneering?how the world interacts and transacts, we're helping our customers not only reach their goals, but also change the way all of us shop, eat, travel, bank and connect. Together, we are shaping the future.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Are you a sales leader with the agility to thrive in a fast-changing environment and the creativity to enable a sales team to reach and surpass tough stretch goals?
As a member of the Hospitality Global management team, responsibilities will be focused on management of 5 direct report account managers and leading / partnerships with International account managers that are currently assigned to the Global Account team. Significant emphasis will be placed day to day support and interaction with account managers as is necessary to define and execute customer specific account strategies needed to meet or exceed order and revenue targets. Other responsibilities include management of the sales funnel, weekly forecasts, oversight of deal profitability, contract negotiations, proposal generation, and supporting the overall sales goal by winning new strategic software, services and hardware business.
As a member of the Hospitality Sales Organization, you will be part of the growth engine of NCR. If you have demonstrated experience in creating high-performance teams, driven to perform at their fullest potential and creatively drive customer solutions while delivering exceptional customer service, we want to talk to you. The ideal candidate will be responsible for aligning NCR's direct sales, partners, channels, and services organizations in this geography to deliver optimal value for customers and strong business results. As a tier one supplier to the Global Account's system it is critical that you have a comprehensive knowledge of the Hospitality industry and can thrive in a truly consultative sales environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
* Recruiting and developing top sales talent to ensure that the team maximizes revenue growth and market share.
* Lead a robust sales management system focused on funnel, orders, backlog, revenue, gross margin, and expense and profit contribution
* Development & execution of sales strategy and business plans for targeted accounts
* Establish relationship with key executive contacts within the Global Account system
* Driving access to decision-makers through valued interactions and leveraging relationships
* Ensure your team builds concrete business models - positioning proof, ROI and the total solution and multiple approaches
* Operationalize and execute against NCR's strategy to further extend the company's position and profile in the marketplace
* Manage the P&L and bid approval process of key deals
* Formulate and advocate a people management strategy and high-performance culture which includes recruitment, development and retention of top talent; Foster and lead change, and create a mindset of innovation
* Driving a transformational agenda to ensure the region has the most successful sales and marketing capacity that yields increases in year on year revenue and margin growth.
Implementing a management system that uses funnel and sales analytics to measure productivity, territory / solution potential which leads to critical decision making and customer business for NCR.
* Growing year on year orders and revenue and developing organization-wide offer selling capability.
* Providing market and solution input for the Hospitality Division to make future investments based on opportunities and market technology trends.
* Assessing markets and partnering with cross functional organizations within NCR to achieve objectives.
* Gaining knowledge and understanding marketplace conditions, competitor position, market share, economic and social trends, as well as technological developments to modify plans and adopt new strategies to take full advantage of changing market conditions.
* Managing relationships with key Global Account C-Level executives / Owner Operators, coordinated with account management plans designed to increase revenue by utilizing strong executive planning and account coverage.
* Be responsible for the maximizing NCR portfolio and sales penetration through the delivery of product, consulting and services, as well as marketing, managed services, consulting, and software.
* Ensure that NCR has maximized sales coverage and participation across all markets and geographic areas.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related discipline
* 15 years + of related business and sales management experience along with a proven track record of success in technology sales and leadership
* In-depth experience and understanding of the Hospitality Industry
* Background in SaaS and Application Software ? with an emphasis on creating volume (vs. value)
* Manage the sales process and develop a strategic roadmap which aligns customer needs, issues, opportunities with industry best practices and our company's offerings.
* Ability to manage complex HW and SW deals
* Proven problem-solving skills both within NCR and with Customers
* Collaborate with customers and partners enabling them to experience greater business value from our company.
* Experience in developing and executing solution sales strategies.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including establishing credibility and trust with partners and building influential relationships with the stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, Sales Ops, HR, Support Services, Marketing and Professional Services
* Ability to work and manage in a matrix management environment.
* Lead, coach, recruit, and develop sales teams in growth environments
* Strong Executive Presence ? this role will have extensive executive visibility both internally and externally
* Master's degree - MBA
* Leadership of a Hospitality sales organization inclusive of complex solutions (HW/SW/Services
* Project management skills; Client and Business plan management proficiency
* Establishing aggressive sales objectives and successfully driving the team to achieve those target goals.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
* As demonstrated by a proven ability to lead and motivate people in a complex organization to embrace a vision and plan of action.
* A high energy, results-oriented achiever, who sets, pursues and meets aggressive operating objectives, and who understands the details without micro-managing.
* A leader who aligns the organization to support strategic priorities by building management processes and systems, delegating and monitoring results, and holding team members accountable to achieve absolute execution of major initiatives. It is fundamental that you are a committed coach, mentor and people developer.
* The ideal candidate will have strong verbal communications skills, be poised and confident in formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers and business partners.
* He/she must be a courageous leader with a demonstrated ability to challenge the norm and take appropriate risks to achieve success.
* The Area Sales Leader must have a pattern of developing strong and communicative partnering relationships and be a real team player, as this will be important in galvanizing support across the organization.
Growing an enterprise technology business:
* As shown by a proven sales management track record of growth and profitability.
* A decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led customer-focused sales organizations to outstanding performance in a direct selling and channels model in an enterprise technology environment. The ideal candidate establishes aggressive goals and conveys a strong sense of urgency in achieving those objectives.
* The Area Sales Leader has demonstrated expertise in large account management, channels strategies and strategic selling techniques. The ideal executive has command of leading-edge sales management tools and processes and the ability to recruit, motivate and retain exceptional sales talent.
Collaboration and Influencing Skills in a Complex Organization:
* This executive will demonstrate the ability to command the respect and trust of key individuals across the company. The leader can collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders and exercise influence at senior levels to build alignment.
* The ideal candidate has an unquestioned reputation for integrity and ethics and has a strong character that will build the trust of others, both internally and externally. The leadership position will have a track record of establishing clear expectations, setting objectives and bringing multiple parties together to drive key initiatives.
* This person possesses strong problem-solving skills, decisiveness and a personal orientation toward action.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: baker, catering, commercial kitchen, corporate, corporate kitchen, culinary, executive kitchen, grill chef, sous, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.