- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- $192,290.00 -192,290.00/year*
21 Warren St
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our national Development team as a Sr. Director, Leadership Events
The Senior Director, Leadership Events is responsible for estabilishing strategic direction and ensuring the assigned revenue portfolio reaches budgeted revenue. Portfolio includes Dinner of Champions, On the Move Luncheons, as well as other Leadership Events that fall in the East territory. The position also supervises a team that is made up of Directors, Sr. Managers, Managers and Specialists, leading as well as assisting, with these and other events. . This position is responsible for recruiting, training and leading staff and volunteers to meet and exceed event campaign goals in all these areas. This position will work closely with Market Leaders in multiple markets to ensure the success of the campaigns by supervising fundraising in those markets in the assigned event revenue portfolio often providing leadership and direction from a distance and engages the market leaders, local staff, key volunteers and board members to reach revenue goals.
Generates approximately $10MM in Events revenue while providing leadership, accountability and direction for the staff and volunteer team throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio (55%)
* Lead staff, strategy and work teams for Leadership Events in the West. These campaigns represent $10 Million dollars.
* Manage a portfolio of top donors in multiple markets
* Collaborate and partner with multiple market leaders to help drive Leadership Events
* Provide strategic direction to staff and volunteer committees
* Responsible for workforce planning in assigned territory with the partnership of Human Resources
* Drive multi-market acquisition and retention strategy with an emphasis on Honoree and Volunteer Leadership
* Responsible for ensuring accurate budget forecasting and ensuring monthly reconciliation of Leadership Event expenses
* In partnership with VP, works to ensure an effective Leadership Events fundraising staff structure is in place across assigned markets that maximizes revenue growth potential. As needed, reallocates staff throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio to maximize capacity and resources.
* Works with the VP to recommend ideal Leadership Events footprint in market area with attention to events that can be merged or retired to increase staff capacity, reduce expenses and ultimately drive revenue.
* Conduct market specific and cross market planning and implementation meetings as needed to ensure staff confidence, competence, and compliance with the Leadership Events operational plan
* Develop appropriate documentation for best practices ensuring acceptance and adoption across organization. Best practices address recruitment and marketing, operations, teams, budgeting, relationship management and risk management.
* Ensure appropriate and relevant training programs and tools are developed and learnings plans created.
* Develop campaign plans, fundraising goals and objectives with direct reports that support Society strategies; manage the implementation of fundraising plans ensuring that adequate resources are provided to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
* Manage the budget for Leadership Events as well as help lead staff to manage the budgets for their events ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively managed and adjusted throughout the fiscal year as indicated or needed; provide progress reports and revenue/expense projections to the Vice President, Events.
* Ensure high-end customer service for the Society's contributors.
Collaborate effectively with all Society departments to achieve development goals. (25%)
* Engage with staff and volunteers to keep local strategies and initiatives in line with organizational priorities and to develop personal and team strengths and leverage continuous learning opportunities.
* Collaborate with and support Corporate Development in securing sponsorship.
* Collaborate with the Individual Giving and Major Gift Team to ensure a unified approach to major donors who are also event participants or corporate sponsors.
* In collaboration with the market leadership team, assign and cultivate relationships with top fundraisers, participants, teams, volunteers, vendors and sponsors as needed.
* Work to ensure that proper mechanisms are in place to appropriately receive and account for donations and expenses.
* Partner with the Marketing department to develop ways to expand the Society's reach and to increase revenue.
* Work to ensure that all donor records are accurately recorded into the national database and to facilitate donor recognition.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio (10%)
* Increases the number of Society volunteers focused on Events by recognizing and recruiting talent
* Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
* Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
* Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors and individual donors) and event experience (the quality of the experience a company and/or individual has from the time they commit through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Leadership Events staff.
* Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Provides leadership and expertise as part of the Development Team (10% of time)
* Ensures communication and integration of strategies within each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
* Ensures the strategies, resources and tools created by the marketing, relationship development and event experience teams are deployed in each market to drive revenue and registration.
* Collaborates with other market based revenue channel leaders and market leaders to provide a unified and consistent experience for sponsors, participants, donors and volunteers that are shared between revenue channels.
* Bridges corporate and volunteer relationships to other markets where new teams and be seeded and additional sponsorship and be realized.
* Bachelor of Arts or Science
* Minimum of 6-10 years of progressive development and campaign/event experience
* Previous non-profit management experience required
* Experience building and leading executive level fundraising committees
* Results driven style and proven track record of sales/fundraising success
* Proven success building sustainable corporate relationships/sponsorships at $10,000+
* Thorough understanding and experience with corporate and individual giving
* Experience in preparing and managing significant operating budgets
* Self-starter, motivated individual who can deliver on goals independently
* Ability to quickly build credibility within and outside of the organization and make an immediate contribution to accomplishing key priorities
* Demonstrated success in building a productive, cohesive team of staff and volunteer leaders
* Creative and energetic individual who functions well within a fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department collaboration
* Ability to work well with volunteers, staff and a variety of constituents is essential
* Outstanding customer experience and services abilities
* Superb verbal, written and communication skills, diplomacy, and discretion
* Ability to manage and motivate groups, both internally and externally
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Advanced computer abilities (MS Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, on-line fundraising tools, databases);
* Must have access to personal transportation, and be able and willing to drive throughout the state approximately 30% of the time; travel throughout 8 state territory may be necessary 10% of the time.
* Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
* This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
* Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
Associated topics: care, demand, event, major gift, marketing, marketplace, product market, relationship, twitter, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...