Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
* Putting Clients First
* Doing the Right Thing
* Leading with Exceptional Ideas
* Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
* Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
* Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
* Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
* Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
* Collaboration and teamwork
* Credible, independent decision-making
* Organizational influence
* Creative and practical solutions
* Meritocratic and diverse culture
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and Firm Risk Management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
This is a multi-faceted role responsible for coverage of Commercial Real Estate (\"CRE\") transactions, including both direct CRE-secured lending and CRE Warehouse products secured on all property types.
The principal responsibilities include the evaluation of new transactions, managing a rapidly growing portfolio of existing loans, and monitoring ongoing syndication activities together to manage balance sheet usage.
Fulfillment of these responsibilities involves:
* Monitor and manage existing portfolio of CRE transactions including periodic reporting of risk profiles, trends, industry developments and concentrations
* Manage and assess new CRE transactions both direct lending as well as warehouse. This includes an independent assessment and recommendation on the credit quality of proposed transactions including proposed rating and credit appetite
* Presentation to Credit Senior management and the Firm's Credit Committee for discussion and approval of transactions.
* Assess progress of syndication efforts against proposed and approved targets
* Collaborate with origination teams on structuring and documentation for proposed transactions ranging from $100MM to $1Bn in financing
* Review of due diligence and involvement in due diligence sessions including asset site visits
* Manage and mentor junior team members
* Experience in commercial real estate lending and credit underwriting
* Have a good knowledge of transaction structures, documentation, and the lending process
* Strong credit, analytical, and modelling skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to quickly establish credibility with Credit senior management and senior deal team executives
* Demonstrable track record of working under pressure and managing multiple projects with limited supervision
* Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts with a sound ability to analyze businesses
* Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Education and Work Experience
* Minimum 6-10 years of direct commercial real estate risk management experience
* University undergraduate degree, Masters preferred
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Associated topics: analysis, business analytic, business finance, business systems analyst, consult, investment banking, law, legal, market, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.