The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams ? the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production ? the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes ? and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
The Content Lead will create the overall strategy, editorial calendar and promotional plans for the Rangers' and Junior Rangers' social and digital platforms. This role is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of content, including game/team coverage, partner content platforms, youth and community initiatives and Rangers brand/marketing messaging.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
* Set, manage and execute the Rangers season long social and digital and editorial strategy across the full ecosystem of current platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, and NYRangers.com, along with evaluate new platforms for content distribution.
* Establish overall voice and look of the brand set by marketing strategy within social and digital content and ensuring consistency in tone and language across all platforms, as a key extension of the team's brand positioning
* Partner with Marketing Partnerships, Communications, and Creative teams to develop digital content franchises that work across platforms as well as branded content concepts for our partners
* Work with Ticketing and Media to develop content and other ways to inspire fans to purchase tickets through organic content and paid media
* Development of editorial calendar, and oversight of day to day operations for flawless execution.
* Owns weekly digital reporting across social channels, working closely with analytics teams to pull results and analyze data to create strategies and tactics that lead to building our fan base and increasing engagement within all platforms
* Key lead with NHL (league and teams) on social/digital opportunities, best practices, communications, programs and policies
* Deliver against KPIs across audience growth, engagement and other metrics and identify optimizations based on editorial performance week over week
* Use of fan segmentation and other research to contribute to audience development
* Regular audit and sharing of best in class content across sports properties to serve as learning for Rangers
* Live coverage of all Rangers games and events related to the business with the ability to travel as necessary
* 7+ years' experience working in sports industry is ideal
* Expert in social media and digital content. Full proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and emerging platforms. Understanding of changing social environment and emerging technologies and platforms.
* Knowledge of hockey/NHL and the Rangers team, including performance and stats, industry trends, hockey culture and fan engagement with the league and its athletes is preferred
* Ability to navigate and prioritize in very sensitive, high paced environments ? including collaborating with various departments to push work forward
* Experience working in a matrixed organization with proven ability to translate digital initiatives across departments
* Ability to operate, collaborate and motivate stakeholders across departments and properties
* Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Digital/Social software
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.