- Leake & Watts Services
- $44,310.00 -87,160.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
21 Warren St
Rising Ground is a leading social service agency dedicated to supporting children, adults and families. Working together, we create strong foundations for success. Our agency currently serves more than 11,000 individuals and their family members through 43 programs at 27 locations throughout the New York City area. In our Head Start, Early Head Start, Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Child Care programs, teachers and staff provide the guidance, stability and assistance that young children need to thrive, striving to inspire a love of learning. From play to structured lessons, our work with young children encourages them to actively question, explore and experiment while gaining a solid foundation for future success in and out of the classroom.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Head Teacher serves as a Mentoring Teacher to assist classroom teaching staff in the implementation of developmentally appropriate assessments, engagement with the students and learning activities for the students. Serves as a liaison with the Committees on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) and the Committees on Special Education (CSE).
* Ensures that each student has a current IEP, with goals and objectives specific to his/her developmental needs
* Assists teaching staff with individualizing the learning activities for each student in the classroom
* Assists teaching staff with the organization of the classroom environment that is conducive to learning
* Serves as a role model for classroom staff (e.g. co-teach or lead classroom activities)
* Attend school district meetings on behalf of prospective students, new students and continuing students
* Reviews clinical packets completed for multidisciplinary evaluations
* Attends relevant conferences, workshops and in-service trainings
* Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings
* Assists classroom staff in ordering appropriate supplies & equipment
* Plans field trips and special events, in conjunction with the classroom teaching staff
* Additional duties as assigned by the Program Director
* Minimum of three- five years of classroom teaching experience
* Master's degree in Early Childhood and/or Early Childhood Special Education
* New York State certification in Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent oral and writing skills
Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, child, child care, daycare, early, early education, infant, nursery education, pre kindergarten, preschool teacher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...