The IT Monitoring Engineer will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a variety of enterprise monitoring technologies. The Engineer will administer and provide software support for Monitoring tools and perform basic customization and implementations with any of the tool suites. The Engineer works with various system and application owners to design and implement monitoring and alert solutions and provides assistance to Operation Center and other clients with the use of the tools. The IT Monitoring Engineer excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun, and Passion.
* Responsible day to day administration of the Monitoring environment. * Maintains and supports JetBlue's infrastructure Monitoring environment to ensure the highest availability while reducing the impact of incidents. * Conduct in depth evaluations, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving a wide variety of complex technical issues. * Implementation of monitoring systems including the advisement of clients and providing work guidance to implementation and development teams. * Test, recommend and implement new monitoring technologies. * Analyze and transform operational and/or functional needs into solutions while remaining compliant with regulations, policies and procedures document description of system parameters and integrate those parameters to optimize the overall solution's effectiveness and efficiency at task. * Manage monitoring system upgrades, enhancements, migrations, integration and releases of new software to Stage/Non-production, production and disaster recovery environments and resolve any technical and/or business issues. * Provide twenty four (24) hour, seven (7) day a week on-call support at scheduled times; be able to be contacted through a business cell phone or provide an alternate phone contact at all times. * Maintain system compliance with SOX, PCI, IT General Controls and other regulatory controls as required. * Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in CIS or Computer Science or other related disciplines. * Five (5) years of experience system and network monitoring. * Experience designing, maintaining and operating within a fast-paced, multi-site, heterogeneous network environment. * Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining monitoring software such as, AppDynamics, SCOM, Alertsite, ExtraHop, SolarWinds-Orion, VMWare VRops, Nutanix Prism, Sumologic, Azure Monitoring, Moogsoft etc. * Familiarity with Network technologies. * Solid working knowledge of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems, file and directory structures, commands, command-line interfaces and utilities. * Innovative analytical thinker, applies technical knowledge/creativity to deliver best possible results, not merely satisfactory results. * Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, to facilitate interactions with business clients and members of IT department. * Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written. * Available for overnight travel (up to 25%) * Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice * Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test * Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Knowledge of IT Best Practices as they relate to the following areas: IT Infrastructure Monitoring, Change Management, Data Networks, IT Security, Virtualization, Web Servers, Cloud and Storage technologies * Proficient on scripting Language such as, PERL, Shell, Windows BATCH, win VBS and DB languages like SQL, SOAP. * Experience with Manager of Monitors (MOM) technology such as, Moogsoft and other MOMs. * Experience in Cloud Environments such as, Azure, AWS, Google and private cloud. * Understanding of containerization such as, Docker, Kubernetes and Micro services.
* Regular attendance and punctuality * Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice * Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance * When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft * Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun * Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards * Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal Office Environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.