- $197,780.00 -197,780.00/year*
21 Warren St
Invesco is one of the world's leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
This role, covering the western United States, and preferably located in California, is responsible for directing intermediary Senior Advisor Consultants and sales activities as well as developing sales plans and budgets for assigned territories. The ideal candidate will work closely with sales staff on increasing sales, growing assets, and developing intermediary relationships. Will also conduct sales and product meetings with centers of influence at focus firms.
* Work with Senior Management to define strategy and develop an implementation plan which ensures Scan effectively drive US Sales objectives based on market trends, client insight and coordinated client engagement.
* Develop business initiatives and annual goals for SACs territories in alignment with overall strategy.
* Develop sales plans and budgets for assigned territories.
* Supervise and provide coaching to wholesalers.
* Conduct regular business reviews with National Accounts Managers, National Sales Managers, Divisional Sales Directors, Internal Sales Managers, and Business Development to evaluate progress, alignment to strategy and response to performance results.
* Directs all intermediary sales activities in assigned territories. This will include development of business plans for focus firms.
* Monitors overall sales and activity within focus firms for assigned wholesalers.
* Responsible for direct selling through relationship management activities with strategic clients to profitably increase sales and asset retention.
* Take a lead role in managing and implementing larger and complex cross-functional initiatives which involve common firms and or distribution opportunities within North America Retail.
* Maintain regular, effective communication with wholesalers to provide support and guidance.
* Develop & implement best practices, standards, and procedures as well as monitor adherence.
* Ensure compliance with local, state, & federal regulatory requirements in addition to the company's performance standards.
* Evaluates subordinate?s performance. May approve hiring staff, salary changes & promotions.
* Accountable for coaching & training subordinates. Communicates all performance and compensation to direct reports.
* Minimum 7 years field sales experience in the Investment Industry.
* 3+ years of effective managerial experience, as well as the leadership skills, necessary to build a consensus around ideas or plans is required.
* Proven ability to motivate clients, colleagues, and peers.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
* Ability to influence and persuade others, bridge differences and build consensus towards a common goal or objective is critical.
* Ability to manage and coach sales professionals based on their individual backgrounds, experience levels and skill sets, as well as an ability to assess individual training, development and coaching needs/opportunities.
* Leadership and communication are critical, as is a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with key internal and external partners.
* Setting and implementing strategy is critical.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills to determine the needs of the organization and implement feasible solutions.
* Marketing and analytical skills required to develop and follow through on strategy and business plans.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* Undergraduate, college degree or equivalent required.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* CFA, CIMA or similar certification preferred.
* Series 7, 66 (or 63/65), and 24 required.
* Up to 90% travel will be required.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, leader, manager of sales, principal, sales executive, sales management, shift lead, supervisor, team leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...