- Highwire Public Relations
21 Warren St
Highwire Public Relations is a leading technology public relations agency based in San Francisco with offices in New York City, Boston and Chicago. We work with a wide range of clients across cloud technology, enterprise, security, financial services technology (fin-tech), and healthcare as well as consumer products and services.
Highwire has been named Technology Agency of the Year and Best Agency to work for by The Holmes Report and PRWeek. We are a learning culture that welcomes diverse perspectives to develop our teams, coach for career growth and embrace new ideas.
We search for those with big ideas, strong opinions and the energy to bring them to life. Collaboration, curiosity and passion underpin everything we do. Our core values encourage an environment that fosters innovation and inclusion. We strive to celebrate individuality and be a place where every employee is empowered to be heard and ask for what they want.
As the Head of Digital Strategy, you will step into a prominent role in the agency's Digital Studio, a collection of writers, designers, videographers and other storytellers who breathe life into campaigns, educate audiences and articulate positions on industry trends. At the core, you are a person who possesses the ability to distill the most complicated technologies into relatable concepts with social media programs that resonate with target audiences and meet them where they are. You will also need to command a creative presence and wield strong skills in collaboration and project management.
In this role, you will work with client teams to develop and enhance social media strategies across accounts using the latest and best tools for management and measurement. As a client-facing team member, you must initiate conversation, listen carefully, question intuitively and vocalize your recommendations effectively. This role will lead new business initiatives to support the build-out of social media offerings integrated into overall PR campaigns and content strategies. You will also serve as a mentor and assist with training for all Highwire team members on social media strategy development and be responsible for identifying new and innovative ways of placing and amplifying content across social channels.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* Provide strategic counsel, guidance and leadership to clients and staff in the areas of social media strategy, content strategy and analytics
* Maintain relationships with senior-level client contacts and internal contacts
* Grow business prospects with existing clients; expand digital scope of work fused with PR programs; lead new business outreach process and win business
* Effectively budget new scopes of work and manage staff utilization to meet targets
* Work across account teams to infuse digital elements such as paid amplification, SEO and analytics into PR programs
* Advise account teams on research, strategy, creation, execution and measurement of content across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Blogs and other relevant social channels
* Use social listening tools to generate insight, fuel social conversation and inform campaign and content recommendations
* Identify new tools and techniques to improve the performance of digital and PR efforts
* Work with content strategists, copywriters and other creatives to ensure consistent editorial voice across accounts and assets
* Maintain a knowledge of social media best practices (organic and paid), stay on top of trends and translate this knowledge into actionable insights for strategy
* Attend industry conferences, presentations and webinars to stay current with industry trends
* Manage relationships and engagement with social media and influencer marketing vendors
* Create case studies highlighting results from successful client social media campaigns
* Support internal training efforts for broader team and junior staffers to help grow social media capabilities across Highwire
* Take a proactive role in promoting the Highwire employer brand, its identity, values and work
* Maintaining a respectful, enthusiastic and professional attitude towards co-workers, clients and outside colleagues and lead team by example
* Supporting teams and managing up and down
* Responsibly using flexible work policies
* Contributing to Highwire social channels and writing for Highwire's blog
* Mentoring junior staff to elevate development
* Proactively setting up quarterly goals with manager; tracking against goals and demonstrating growth
* Effectively prioritizing responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals
* Identifying areas for self-improvement and bringing suggestions and solutions to management
* Leading by example and ensuring teammates have clear direction on roles/responsibilities
* Attending networking events, seminars and conferences, including outside-of-work-hours, as required to maintain personal professional development and to build networking and new business contacts
* 7+ years of client facing social media experience (B2B experience preferred)
* Agency experience is a plus
* Demonstrable success at securing new business and increasing client revenues
* The ability to quickly and smartly adjust digital strategy, voice and tone based on client and audience
* The ability to take initiative, keep organized and handle multiple projects at once
* Strong strategic client consultancy skills gained in an agency environment
* Well-versed in social media and content marketing as an important awareness and lead generating element in the PR and Marketing mix
* Experience running both paid and organic social campaigns from a content perspective
* Some experience with SEO/SEM strategy desired, but not essential
* Track record of retention and the profitable growth of existing accounts
* Demonstrate strong leadership skills and aptitude to develop and motivate a team
* The ability to provide social input on PR campaigns as well as broader marketing strategy
* Competitive salary
* Merit-based bonuses and promotions
* Excellent vacation policy including office closure between Christmas and New Years
* Commuter Benefits
* Fitness Benefit
* Donation Match
* Cell phone reimbursement
* Curiosity Benefit
* 401K Match
* Full medical and dental benefits
* Monthly recognition programs
* Work from Home Friday's
* Quarterly Highwire fun event ? Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday
* Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many opportunities for professional development and growth
* Dog friendly work environment
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisors.
If you are the breakout candidate we seek, please apply now by uploading your resume.
Associated topics: board, catia, design, digital, engineer iii, hardware engineer, layout, pc, rf, vlsi
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...