Women's Health is looking for a whip-smart, enthusiastic assistant editor to join its integrated print-digital team. This person will spend the day writing both newsy and evergreen stories for digital, pitching ideas for both the site and the magazine, assisting with research for bigger packages, and providing administrative support to the Women's Health editorial team as needed.
This is a full-time position based in Women's Health's office in New York City and reports to the brand's executive digital editor.
* Pitch and write multiple digital stories per week, including news posts, slideshows, listicles, expert-based articles, and more
* Write articles for the print issue as needed
* Pitch both print and digital stories
* Assist with administrative tasks, including contract generation and invoicing tracking
* Attend and cover press previews and other industry events as needed
* At least one year's experience in service reporting and writing
* A basic understanding of analytics and digital best practices
* The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle many deadlines at once
* Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work