As Second Vice President, Corporate Technology Solutions, you will be accountable for developing and executing the key technology components of Corporate Technology strategy and ensuring alignment with Guardian's emerging technology strategy by working collaboratively with Leaders in Human Resources, Legal, Compliance and Shared Services. You will be an innovative thought leader in the Workday space and will harness deep industry and technical expertise to develop and execute the Workday roadmap (both current and forward looking) ensuring a customer centric focus that supports enterprise growth.
* A broad enterprise leader who is approachable, collaborative and transparent. * An influencer that builds consensus in a highly matrixed enterprise operating model. * Demonstrated experience driving change in how organizations embrace agile and innovation. * Passionate about the development of people and teams continuously looking at opportunities to leverage top talent, improve processes, and leverage technology. * A highly analytical problem-solver with the ability to distil critical information for all stakeholders. * Ambitious and eager to learn with the confidence to push ideas forward despite potential setbacks. * Based in New York, New Jersey or Stamford with some work from home flexibility.
* Report to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Commercial & Government Markets. * Build on a strong foundation of training and early adoption of agile methodology to accelerate the transformation to a more fully \"agile company\"; lead the change that moves us beyond technology implementation to a shift in the way we work; create a comprehensive approach that enables behavioral and cultural change; collaborate with business leaders to influence embracing of SAFe/Agile principles and methods; partner with human resources to develop roles, career architecture, and other talent programs and processes that incorporate and value agile methodology. * Define and implement a sustainable and scalable governance processes for the organization's technological architecture, networks, programming, development and maintenance while also ensuring appropriate risk control. * Build, lead, and leverage a high performing team focused on top talent development, delivering differentiating value, driving operational efficiency, and an inclusive culture that values the diversity and engagement of people and teams. * Lead cross-functional initiatives, prepare business plans, and other materials for Guardian corporate function leadership.
* Strong general management mindset and experience with broad functional and enterprise strategy development and execution. * A BA in comp science or business related. MBA and other advanced degrees or certifications preferred. * Fifteen plus years of relevant experience. * A proven track record in driving transformational technology strategy and initiatives.
* At Guardian, you'll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. * Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
* Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate technology and innovation in a secure and compliant way * Competitive compensation * Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period * Life and disability insurance * A great 401(k) with match * Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care * Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity * Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best * Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability, and advocate for diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we're a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian? is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.
Associated topics: ad, donor, festival, lead generation, major gift, marketplace, medical center, policy, presale, regulatory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.