At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We're not just designers. We're tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there's something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines?from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we're refreshing a retailer's brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Project Architect, it's your job to lead a team of architects and designers to deliver unparalleled architectural projects. Leverage your industry experience and technical acumen to drive client projects from concept through build.
What You Will Do
* Manage client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, civil consultants etc.
* Lead communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
* Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
* Maintain project manual and specifications
* Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI's during construction
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture from an accredited program
* 12 + years of experience in a commercial design firm; interior architecture experience preferred
* Licensed or registered architect
* Strong interest in becoming a Technical Director for a studio
* Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, 3dMax, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office.
* Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
* LEED accreditation preferred
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to \"Well-being Week,\" our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.