The Marketing Analytics team is responsible for helping drive the success of marketing efforts at Etsy by providing actionable insights, industry-leading measurement techniques, and access to the metrics, data, and tools needed for decision-making and optimization. We partner with our peers in marketing, analytics, research, product, engineering, and finance through all stages of development: identifying initial opportunities, refining the user experience, analyzing the impact of our efforts, and highlighting improvement areas. Ultimately, the team's work strengthens Etsy and helps continuously improve the Etsy experience.
Learning new skills and techniques is not only a requirement but a perk of the job. We are always looking for opportunities to improve. Our mission is to demystify marketing with data-driven insights, telling the story of how we attract and retain our users to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
This role is located in our Brooklyn, NY and is part of our Analytics and Strategic Finance team.
About the Role
* You will develop, implement, and refine core marketing measurement frameworks and models, including attribution, churn, CLV, return on investment, experiment methodology, and segmentation
* Play a foundational role in deciding how we can best engage and grow Etsy users by identifying and helping execute on opportunities for growth through analysis of behavioral and transactional data
* Transform raw data into relevant and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency, and ambitious documentation
* Design and analyze rigorous experiments, help teams set excellent hypotheses, and deliver robust analysis of experiment results
* Raise the skill level of the entire analytics team through the creation of exemplary work, mentorship, and the introduction of better practices, processes, and tools
* You have 6+ years experience as a data scientist or data analyst in which you have extracted meaning from big data sets with little engineering support.
* You have mastery of SQL, R/Python, and other scripting/automation techniques, and actively try new approaches to advance your technical skills. Bonus points for experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization software.
* You are an expert in sophisticated analyses and regularly use advanced statistical methods in your work
* You should have experience guiding and scaling marketing efforts and a deep understanding of marketing theory and practice, with a particular focus on measurement techniques, such as customer lifetime value, survival and attrition models, attribution models, marketing mix models, and experimental design.
* You distill highly complex problems into narratives that are concise, actionable, and memorable, and express your recommendations with both conviction and finesse
* You are passionate about reproducible work and have picked up tools to this end; you have acted as a mentor, teaching others how to make their own work better and more efficient.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.