- Ernst & Young LLP
- $134,440.00 -127,870.00/year*
21 Warren St
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team and you will directly support and promote our brand and reputation. Through internal communications, public relations and corporate communications, you'll provide a wide range of marketing and communications services to internal and external audiences. These include current and future clients, our current and future employees, alumni, regulators, the media and the communities within which we operate.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The External Communications, Associate Director spearheads the development and implementation of external communications to support business objectives for their respective markets, public relations, functional practices or external clients. Responsible for: Devising and executing the communications strategy and plans; managing teams and budgets; advising leadership; and reporting results and value of communications efforts. Positions teams closely with internal stakeholders, journalists and other external relationships (as needed), and serves as their primary contact for all communications initiatives.
* Builds and cultivates strong trusted advisor relationships with key internal stakeholders to provide communications support to meet approved business goals and objectives
* Promotes writing external communication and public relations content for National thought leadership
* Manages social media strategy and execution within East Region and executive leadership
* Develops a comprehensive, targeted and streamlined communications strategy, including annual communication plans, calendars, timelines, and budgets to meet the strategic objectives
* Leverages extensive experience and deep insight to deftly advise and influence leadership on the optimal use of communications to share best practices, build the business and create a shared, inspirational vision
* Presents complex ideas and anticipates potential objections. Leverages experience, insight and creativity to influence others to consider innovation solutions. Anticipates and communicates ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders. Presents alternatives when obstacles and objections arise
* Monitors and measures tracking data to ensure effectiveness of all plans; nimbly adjusts as needed
* Collaborates with colleagues across the Americas to promote consistency, knowledge sharing and best practices
* Actively participates and provides strategic insights in key client and team leadership meetings
* May work on public relations initiatives such as crisis management, local office awareness, community involvement, alumni relationships, sponsorships, etc. In doing so, develop and executes public relations plans, including media relations initiatives for coverage of EY's public sponsorships and events
* Explores innovative uses of technology to achieve goals and stay at forefront of best-in-class communications practice
* Recognized for their deep communications knowledge, insight and experience within and outside their business unit. Frequently 'at the table' with leadership when key business issues are discussed
* Assumes leadership role for large projects
* Identifies and manages key resources needed to execute
* Frequently accomplishes day to day tasks through subordinate professionals with little direction
To qualify, candidates must have:
* Mastery of written and oral communication skills (including presentations) as well as listening and interpretation skills
* Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills, including the development of junior staff
* Must be able to articulate complex subject matter in a straightforward, concise and easily digestible manner for broad audiences
* Excellent project management skills
* A Bachelor's degree with a marketing or communications major or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 10 plus years, marketing experience required
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...