We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the \"super tool of journalists and hedge funds.\"
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're a Ph.D. candidate who has published in top tier conferences and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI, working in a highly collaborative environment and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
* Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: NLP, HCI, Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Complex Networks.
* Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team on a specific project to be completed during the internship.
* Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
* Must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
* Ideal candidates will have had prior internship experience.
* Outstanding publication record in the candidate's field of study (CVPR, CHI, WWW, RecSys, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, etc.).
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments and demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.