* Requisition no: 501355 * Work type: Full Time * Location: Morningside * School/Department: Columbia College * Grade: Grade 12 * Categories: Stdnt Affairs/Educational Admn
The Center for Career Education (CCE) helps undergraduate, graduate students and alumni develop the key competencies necessary to make informed decisions and take the necessary steps to achieve their career goals. The Center establishes connections and facilitates interaction among students, alumni, employers and organizations to generate opportunities that help students pursue their personal and professional objectives. CCE serves students in Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of General Studies, the Graduate School of the Arts, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and collaborates with the Career Centers in the other schools at Columbia University and its affiliated institutions.
* Work closely with the Associate Dean of Experiential Education to manage and coordinate internship and experiential education programs with specific responsibility for logistics. This is likely to include working directly with employers to develop internship opportunities for Columbia students and managing relationships thereafter. Work closely with the Administration and Planning team to oversee any required visa processes, arranging accommodation where required and develop the process by which stipends are made available to students. Collaborate with others in the Center to coordinate CCE's process by which students are recruited. The Associate Director will be required to take responsibility for specific programs.
* Alongside the Associate Dean manage communications and marketing to employers and alumni participating in the internship programs. Liaise closely with the Employer and Alumni Relations team to follow-up with employers interested in CCE's new and existing programs.
* Work closely with the Assistant Directors of Experiential Education to develop a program of activities to help students prepare for their internships. Provide support to students and employers during the internship experience and work with students and employers to evaluate the benefits of program participation.
* Provide individual and group counseling to students engaged in or participating in experiential education programs. Participate in the Center's daily 'walk-in' rotation.
* Travel on behalf of CCE nationally and internationally to assist in the development of appropriate and mutually beneficial relationships between employers, educational institutions and Columbia.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent required. * A minimum of 3-5 years related experience in career services, student affairs, graduate recruitment, university relations and/or marketing, or the equivalent combination of education and experience required. * Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required. * Superior client management skills and an ability to develop and maintain new relationships. * Must be able to pay close attention to detail, meet tight deadlines and manage long-distance communication. * Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse populations. * Ability to understand the career and employment needs of students and communicate these to potential employers; desire to help students gain internship and other professional experiences; experience of managing and overseeing educational programs for college students desired. * Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, desktop publishing software, desktop database programs and familiarity to HTML and website design strongly desired. Valid Driver's license and ability to travel on behalf of CCE to develop and maintain relationships with employers and alumni nationally and internationally. * Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
* Master's degree in a relevant area preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Jul 08 2019 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share
Associated topics: admission, administrative, administrative assistant, advocate, affair, district school nurse, healthcare, register, school nurse, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.