It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Director -Global Technology Services (GTS) Third Party Management oversees the third party relationship management function for identified strategic suppliers and business leads within Cigna's IT organization. The Director identifies opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Cigna's suppliers and manages the portfolio of supplier relationship to minimize risk and maximize value generation for the company. Duties of the role include monitoring the performance of suppliers against agreed upon service level agreements and/or other measurement criteria, working internally with the Category Management and Strategic Sourcing team to optimize competitive tension, and managing the pipeline of contracts through the review and approval cycle. The director works with business and divisional management in technology and the lines of business and their teams as well as strategic enterprise suppliers.
The director will provide strategy leadership and expertise in sourcing and supplier management initiatives with major organizational impact. The director must meet business objectives in a high profile, rapidly evolving, and sometimes ambiguous and competitive environment.
Third Party Management
The Director is responsible for managing relationships with third parties in Cigna's Global Technology Services environment and with business leaders utilizing those suppliers. These activities are likely to be a mix of routine and non-routine initiatives with impact across the organization. The key expectations and responsibilities for the TPM Director are the following:
* Develops professional relationships with Account Management and Executive Leadership of identified Third Party strategic partners. * Develops \"trusted advisor\" relationships with Senior Leadership Team executives and their teams in representing the Global Procurement and Third Party Management organization. * Identifies opportunities to introduce and heighten competitive tension among suppliers to ensure they deliver maximum value to Cigna. * In concert with business and functional areas, defines supplier performance measures, guidelines and tracking processes to manage contract compliance and performance of suppliers and implementation of new programs * Analyzes overall business requirements, supplier relationship structures and processes to improve performance and overall value * Performs and oversees detailed financial analysis to determine market and world class costs for specified products and services * Works with Category Management & Strategic Sourcing to prepare negotiation team and develop negotiation strategy * Recommends operating practice and process changes to improve requirements planning, procurement and supplier management processes * Monitors and reports progress against performance objectives and sourcing initiatives * Manages performance of the enterprises supplier partners * Collaborates with suppliers to gain acceptance of performance measurement program(s); successfully manages change and manages performance improvement programs * Compiles required information and conducts performance reviews with suppliers on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Posts and distributes supplier performance measures across the enterprise
Key Competencies and Attributes
* Ten+ years in strategic sourcing, sales and/or supplier management * Five plus years drafting and/or managing Information Technology Application Development or Production Support agreements * Management experience in a sourcing, sales or vendor management role * Excellent written and oral communication skills * Ability to interact credibly and persuasively with senior members of Cigna's and suppliers' management * Deep financial analytical skills and insight, and the ability to weave that insight into a cogent and compelling presentation * Strong management and coaching skill to lead a team of 4-8 individuals with varying expertise
* Excellent sourcing strategy, negotiation and relationship management skills * Highly collaborative problem solving approach * Deep attention to detail, as evidenced in contract drafting and analysis skills * Ability to work well in a dynamic, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment * Articulates potential solution(s) effectively to key executives * Excellent project management skills; ability to plan and manage large and complex projects * Driven to meeting or exceeding business and financial milestones * Ability to provide fact based advice to decision makers and oversee development of market and industry analysis * Understanding of the strategic and sourcing implications of key industry trends and developments * Understanding of industry cost structures and drivers and implications for strategic position
* Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation * Able to collaboratively develop and engage others in a commitment to supplier strategy, values and goals * Demonstrates a commitment to the enterprise vision, values and goals * Actively encourages the leadership and initiative of team members and direct reports * Coaches and mentors team * Provides regular, meaningful and timely feedback to members of team * Encourages and provides career development information and opportunities
Third Party Performance Management
* Develops, manages and monitors the enterprise supplier performance management program * Able to measure and track performance against plan * Develops and implements financial metrics * Reports performance against objectives * Implements corrective action plans with suppliers where appropriate
This position includes regular contact with the following:
* Managing Director, GTS Third Party Management * Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer and members of his/her staff * SLT IT Executives * Senior Directors and their staffs in the Category Management and Strategic Sourcing function * Expert Resources in Information Technology, Line of Business Experts; Financial and Legal Experts * Senior and middle management with Suppliers and Alliance Partners
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: ...@cigna.com. Do not email ...@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response. Associated topics: advertise, alumni, chief marketing officer, facebook, fundraise, market, mba, public relations, regulatory, stewardship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.