Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
21 Warren St
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
* Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
* Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
* Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
* Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We currently have a great opportunity for top talent with strong Consulting experience to join our management consultants' team in New York City.
As a Management Consultant at Capco you will be playing a key role in the delivery of projects, working on client site to deliver large-scale change initiatives for leading clients across Financial Services, either within Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Wealth and/or Insurance. Fitting that description, you will also need to be supremely personally motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
Key for this role is there is no requirement to have a background in Financial Services. We are keen to bring on those from a consulting background in other industries that can then apply these perspectives and techniques to the world of Tier-1 banking and capital markets.
Skills & Expertise
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills - and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
* Strong emerging end-to-end generalist problem solving skills, e.g. Defining and deconstructing problems
* Experience in Management Consulting, finanical services preferred
* Prioritizing issues, analysis, and team capacity
* Structuring and building quantitative and qualitative/conceptual analyses
* Analyzing operational and financial data
* Performing competitor/industry research leveraging both public and non-public sources
* Participating in and independently conducting internal and external interviews
* Working collaboratively with team members across LOBs and staff areas
* Identifying implications and \"so whats\" of data and analysis with the team
* Contributing to concise communication materials for senior management
* 2+ years of experience from a premier management consulting firm.
* Experience in Wealth Management Preferred
* Diverse problem-solving experience, such as experience with a top management consulting firm or in other generalist problem solving environments across financial services sectors
* An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
* Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback from peers
* Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools (absolutely required)
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, projects that will transform the financial services industry.
* A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients
* Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen
* A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners
and directly with clients
* A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...