A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES!
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Check out this movie short showcasing our amazing laboratory located in Amherst, NY!
To provide administrative support to the department for both internal and external clients to meet or exceeds their expectations.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
* Process miscellaneous administrative tasks for operations staff, as required
* Resulting responsibilities in BVLab, including entering results, fail codes and/or fail reasons, age grades, number of tests, and pricing information
* Track all credit and revision requests processed through Report Generation
* Process Technical Reports as needed
* Monthly invoicing functions for select clients. Including, maintenance of yet-to-be-billed report and communication with lab managers on financial status
* Complete daily/weekly reports for the Division, as required
* Back-up support for converting reports to PDF format and report distribution
* Back-up to other Support Services areas, as needed
* Assist manager with requests & department initiatives
* Assist with functions requested or related to internal clients
* Participate in department meetings
* Adhere to the requirements of the BVCPS Quality System and assist with the implementation and maintenance of the department quality system
* Provide feedback to the department manager regarding departmental systems, processes and recommendations for improvements
* Assist with other departmental projects and issues as deemed necessary by management.
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Highly proficient with MS Office
* Strong administrative and organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize individual workload
* Must be comfortable in a fast paced environment and be able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, meeting deadlines and set priorities in order to manage daily workload
* Ability to perform multiple tasks
* Strong communication ? written and verbal skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a support role within a team environment
* Attention to detail
* Problem solving ability required
* Flexibility for overtime when workload deems necessary
* Comfortable with IT systems and applications
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
* High School Diploma plus 2 years related experience
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.