- Better Mortgage
- $177,420.00 -177,420.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
21 Warren St
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we're making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we've:
* Helped more than 10,000 families get home
* Financed over $3B in loans
* Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
* Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we're not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We have strong capital markets and tech advantages, and are working on evolving our digital product and customer experiences. To drive our goals of capturing massive market share, our acquisition team is responsible for identifying the right audiences to target, the right channel mixes to acquire them, and negotiating and managing our media spend across those channels with hawkish attention to performance. We call this role a trader because we expect strategic ingenuity and entrepreneurialism: media dollars and time spent negotiating are your investments and funded customers are your exits.
You are obsessive about performance, evaluating performance using data, and passionate about getting things done in concert with other groups, including data, creative, finance, and strategy. You view demand aggregators such as price comparison websites (\"rate tables\") as investment opportunities to be valued, leveraged and used to form an optimal portfolio of customer acquisition. You get that Better.com is the best solution for the end customer and you will fight with every tool you have to win for us and them.
You will have a successful track record of leadership, management, and executing on projects under short timelines. You want to win. You are someone who loves finding opportunities that others miss. You can separate the signal from the noise, and approach things with a fresh perspective and open mind. You won't stop until you find a Better way. Together, we can shape the future of homeownership in America.
Responsibilities will include:
* Own and execute trades and competitive positioning on price comparison websites (\"rate tables\")
* Collaborate with Executive leadership, run meetings and coordinate group/business-wide efforts to maximise funded units from leads acquired
* Maintain a feedback loop between sales & marketing to ensure volume goals and capacity constraints are aligned
* Creatively deliver performance improvements through trading and targeting, trend following and competition monitoring - anything to help achieve company KPIs
* Test hypotheses, pulling data and performing analyses to monitor and evaluate performance
* Develop, execute and manage roadmap of rate table/leads-buying business for Better
* 4+ years in finance roles that required constant evaluation of new and different opportunities, with a desire to apply your skills to a new marketplace
* Strong leadership instincts
* Entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and proven track record for taking initiative
* Strong intellectual curiosity
* Strong analytical foundation - SQL or coding skills, used to getting your hands dirty and getting data to drive results
* Detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
* Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where business needs change
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Team player
Bonus points for:
* Experience in mortgages or leads-buying
* Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
* Experience working in a regulated environment
* Project Management experience
* Experience in media or marketing
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Associated topics: bond, brokerage, buy, capital, fiduciary, financial, ira, investor, purchase, security
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...