ascena retail group, inc. is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion segment (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey), Value Fashion segment (maurices and dressbarn), Plus Fashion segment (Lane Bryant and Catherines), and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and approximately 4,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Associate Planner - Ann Taylor to join our team located at our Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036.
Build financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans for multiple departments in a given area.
Manage and plan merchandise inventory positions and markdown strategies to drive departmental sales, inventory, profit and turnover objectives. Provide in-season financial projections and strategies. Identify risks and opportunities to maximize profits. Drive and/or contribute to projects resulting in improved departmental systems and efficiencies.
Pre Season Financial Management
* Build financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans at a weekly level on a seasonal basis. * Partner with cross-functional teams to communicate division level financial merchandising plans and merchandise strategies to support the financial objectives. * Develop, consolidate and communicate a comprehensive pre-season planning strategy that identifies opportunities and risks in all areas of responsibility. * Strategize, develop and present seasonal key item plans that support sales and GM goals. * Develop multi-departmental seasonal key item, assortment and fashion goals to support financial plans.
In Season Financial Management
* Serve as financial lead for cross-functional team. * Reforecast business in-season based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross-functional partners and senior leadership. * Own markdown strategies to maximize profit and timely liquidation. * Work with cross-functional team to develop promotional strategies to maximize profitability. Analyze promotional effectiveness and make future recommendations. * Determine departmental receipt flow and markdown timing that maximizes departmental GMROI potential.
Communication and Collaboration
* Partner with cross-functional teams to communicate division-level financial merchandising plans and merchandise strategies to support the financial objectives. * Participate in merchandise planning projects to improve systems or efficiencies. * Communicate financial strategies in both pre-season plan meetings and quarterly investment review meetings. * Present projections and strategies in monthly merchandise planning review meetings.
Innovation and Training
* Participate in team projects to expand planning tool capabilities and efficiencies. * Mentor and help train new planners.
* Bachelors degree, or equivalent, and 5-7 years of retail buying, planning or financial analysis experience * Results driven; strategic, conceptual and innovative thinker * Expert command of retail math concepts, applications and statistical analysis * Effective communication skills * Ability to develop realistic work plans, goals and schedules * Detail oriented, with excellent follow-through skills * Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills * Ability to work productively in a team environment * Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.